About The Procedure
Breast Implant Revision
Breast implant revision corrects volume loss or restores the shape of the breasts. Loss of volume or change of shape could be due to a number of events from trauma to the chest to natural aging and sagging of the skin. Regardless of the reason, breast implant revision surgery can help women restore the ideal breasts they achieved through their initial surgery.
Common Reasons for Implant
There are a few common reasons women opt for altering their implants including:
- wanting to increase or decrease implant size
- wanting to improve the breasts’ natural feel and appearance
- problems with the implant
- malposition or asymmetry of the implant
- symmastia, or loss of separation between the breasts
- problems with patient’s tissue characteristics
- areolas that appear too large
- tuberous breasts or snoopy deformity (lower breast quadrant tightness)
- thinning of the breast tissue
- correcting capsular contractures
No matter the reason for revision, our main concern is providing patients with the look and feel they desire post-surgery.
For patients who have grown dissatisfied with their breast augmentation over time or are experiencing problems, Dr. Broadway or Dr. Cisco can discuss revision options. Note that it is important to know what type, size, and style of implant are in place from the initial surgery. Having this information will be helpful to both the patient and the surgeon making decisions about removal or replacement surgery.
Every type of procedure will come with its own set of recovery challenges. For information on recovery after breast surgery, click the button below.
Contact Our Offices
Are you ready to enhance your look? We invite you to talk to our patient advocate. If you are considering cosmetic surgery and you have questions before your consultation. This discreet process will allow you to ask any question from the convenience and privacy of your home.
Disclaimer: Our website contains general medical information. The medical information contained on the website is not advice and should not be treated as such. Patients results may vary depending on various factors that are unique to each individual.