Are you unhappy with the shape of your breasts?
Does the sagging of your breasts make you feel self-conscious, old, or unattractive?
Have your breasts lost firmness due to pregnancy?
If so, then you may be a good candidate for a breast lift. A breast lift can surgically improve the shape of your breasts, restoring firmness and fullness while raising them to a youthful position.
What a Breast Lift Can Do for You
To be a good candidate for a breast lift, you must have aesthetic complaints that the procedure can address. A breast lift can improve the appearance of breasts:
- That are flat, elongated, or hanging
- With nipples that fall below the breast crease
- With nipples that point downward
- With stretched skin and enlarged areolas
- That are uneven due to sagging
In a breast lift, excess skin is removed from the breasts and the breast tissue is reshaped and contained in the remaining skin to give them increased firmness and a more youthful position.
A breast lift will not change the size of your breasts, though they may look slightly larger or smaller because of their changed position. If you want to increase the size of your breasts or correct hollowness in the upper part of the breast, we recommend breast augmentation. The two procedures can be combined to address breast sagging and size concerns at the same time.
The Ideal Breast Lift Candidate
In addition to having aesthetic complaints that a breast lift can address, the ideal breast lift candidate should:
- Be in good general health
- Be close to her ideal weight
- Not be taking medication that may increase risks
- Understand the procedure, including realistic expectations and possible risks
- Be willing to follow postoperative instructions
- Be able to take the time necessary for breast lift recovery
If you meet all the above characteristics, then you may be an ideal breast lift candidate. If you do not meet all the above characteristics exactly, you may still be a good candidate.